You may have heard the term ‘probiotics’ yet you are unsure about its meaning, in which case, you have come to the right place, as we explain what probiotics are and the benefits they bring.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeast that are found in the digestive system and these bacteria are actually good for you. Doctors often advise a patient to take a probiotic supplement if they have digestive issues; doctors recommend women’s probiotics for pregnancy, which can be ordered online.
Types of probiotics
There are 3 main types of probiotics:
- Lactobacillus – The most common probiotic, which is found in yoghurt and other foods.
- Bifidobacterium – Found in some dairy products, this helps with digestive problems.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii – A type of yeast that is believed to combat diarrhoea.
The benefits of probiotics supplements
Many Australian women benefit greatly from taking a probiotics supplement, with benefits including:
- Preventing yeast infection – Research and tests show that women that take probiotics supplements are less like to have a yeast infection.
- Clear skin – Probiotics are great for clearing up acne. Controlled tests show promising results with regard to clearing up acne, rosacea and eczema. If you are fed up with daily pimples and skin blemishes, start a course of probiotics supplements and the condition should disappear.
- Good for weight loss – Controlled tests have shown that people who take probiotics supplements can manage their weight more effectively. One experiment involved 200 women and they were divided into two groups; both groups followed an identical diet, one group received a twice daily boost of probiotics, while the other group received a placebo. The results were astounding; over a 12-week program, the probiotics group achieved 40% more weight loss than the placebo group.
- Great for assisting digestion – The beneficial bacteria kill off the bad bacteria, thus improving digestion. There are ongoing experiments to determine the effectiveness of probiotics supplements, yet it has long been thought to be beneficial for treating digestive issues.
- Probiotics aid fertility – It does this by keeping the gut and vaginal tract healthy. For more information, do a Google search to discover why a probiotics supplement can aid fertility.
- Boost the immune system – Taking a probiotics supplement can often lead to an improved immune system. This is due to the good bacteria attacking harmful bacteria, which happens naturally; taking a probiotics supplement promotes this process.
- Restore a bacterial balance – It might surprise you to learn that your body is constantly fighting a war, keeping a balance between good and bad bacteria. Taking a probiotics supplement helps your immune system maintain a healthy balance between beneficial and harmful bacteria.
- Help to clear up vaginal issues – Your GP might prescribe a probiotics supplement if you are having vaginal issues. Probiotics supplements do not have to be prescribed, indeed, you can order online from a leading supplier of health foods and supplements.
If you would like to learn more about taking a probiotics supplement, there are resources online and you can place an order with an online Australian health clinic. This is a natural way to stay healthy.